Thursday, January 24, 2013

Financial Education for Kids – Part I


Today is the 8th birthday of our only son, CJ. Just like all parents, Jay and I are very proud of our son and we pray that he will grow up to be a kind and God-fearing man. And we also want CJ to be financially literate.
I think many will agree that financial education is not really taught in schools so it’s up to us parents to be our children’s first teachers on this subject. I know from experience that if this is not learned while young, and the child is left to learn on his or her own, it would be harder to unlearn all the wrong things, such as the wrong mindset when it comes to money, later in life.

The Right Mindset

Kids from our generation grew up thinking that for as long as we study hard, we will get a good job which will support us until retirement. I am the classic example of this upbringing. I think it’s true that Filipinos in general are trained this way, and those who are trained to become entrepreneurs are few and far between. How to handle money is not really taught too.


Source: http://www.foreclosurephilippines.com/2013/01/financial-education-for-kids-part-i.html#ixzz2Ix6XO6zZ


Financial Education for Kids – Part I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...